I wanted to give something special to my kids teachers, not just the present but also the packaging it came it. I had these 2 red bags from a hair salon that I could cover up their logo (only on the front) and create a fancy decorated bag. I love the feel of red, black, and white together, it strikes me as so elegant and regal!!
1) Cut out your choice of background paper and to 8' x 10' and ink edges in black and adhere to front of the bag.
2) Cut a large doily in half and glue to the right side of the background paper.
3) Cut out 2 strips in coordinating papers of your choice in 2' x 8' and 3' x 8', ink edges in black, and layer on top of each other. This is the middle section.
4) Wrap the layered middle section with black and white butchers twine and glue to the bag as seen.
5) Using a red mist spray 2 times under the section where the flower and leaves will be and then pull out the pump applicator and flick drops on to the background. Let it dry completely.
6) Using Die~Namites Die in "Lilacs" cut 2 dies, one in black cardstock and one in white cardstock apply adhesive to the back of the intricate die-cut adhere to the bag as seen.
7) Glue a large red flower to the bag using a good wet glue.
The bag your gift your gift in can be just as much of a present as the gift it self, plus this bag can be reused over and over again!!
Twine - Maya Road
Flower - Prima
Doily - Recollections