Hello everyone, welcome to my dance with a Butterfly Wreath, one of favorites dies of DieNamites. But if you are like me, all the die cuts are my favorites!
Today I want to share with you in a few steps how I created this card that I used for our monthly challenge. I really love the clean and simple style and I enjoyed showing you the benefits of the die cuts.
- To create the base of the card, cut a piece of card stock whisper white of 4-1/4" x 11" and make a score line in 5-1/2".
- Stamp a border image on the left side using Memento Tuxedo Black Ink. I used the Dotty Angles Stamp Set from Stampin Up.
- Cut a piece of whisper white card stock of 5-1/2" x 3-3/4".
- Stamp a sentiment on the right corner using Memento Tuxedo Black Ink. I used the Tin of Cards Stamp Set from Stampin Up.
- Cut the Butterfly Wreath Die Cut twice using two different colors. I used the sahara sand and Old Olive.
- Then cut the butterflies using three different colors. I used the Hello Honey, Tangerine Tange and Eggplant Elegant. Also cut the little flowers using whisper white card stock.
- Combine the colors, paste the inside part of the die cut using washi tape behind of this.
- Using dimensionals or double side foam tape, paste the complete die cut over the second layer.
- Paste the little butterflies in different colors over the original butterflies using glue dots, open the wings and decorate the center with little pearls.
- Paste the white flowers with a liquid glue over the sahara sand flowers.
This is the Butterfly Wreath, the central piece of my card. This is available in our store and you can buy this and all of our die cuts using my discount code martha15 to get the 15% off on your shopping.
Remember you can participate in our Monthly Challenge and have the opportunity to win a $25 gift card of DieNamites Store. You only have to use any die cut from DieNamites in your creation and link this before September 30. This is a great opportunity, because you can also be spotlighted in our blog!